WORRY FREE BOOKING AND PAYMENT POLICY:
Booking Fee: $49 per person will be charged at the time of booking allowing for easy, “no questions asked” cancelation up to 40 days prior to the scheduled departure date.
Payment: Payment for the trip is due 40 days prior to the scheduled departure date.
Charges for Cancellation:
- More than 40 days prior to the scheduled departure date, trip can be canceled for any reason.
- Up until this point, the only fee that has been paid is the $49 per person Worry Free Booking Fee, which is non-refundable.
- Cancellation from 39 days prior to the scheduled departure date results in forfeiture of total holiday price.
Trip components eligible for the Worry Free Booking initiative include:
- All airfare, unless otherwise noted
- Resort, accommodation and transfer components at Lake Louise, Sunshine, Norquay, Panorama, Jasper, Revelstoke, Red Mountain, Sun Peaks, Silver Star, Fernie, Kimberley, Kicking Horse, Whitewater, Le Massif, Mont Ste Anne, Mt Tremblant, and Whistler Blackcomb, unless otherwise noted by your booking agent.
Not applicable to:
- Bookings that fall during peak/holiday periods (including but not limited to December 18 - January 2 and February 12 - 18), with the exception of Panorama Ski Resort.
- Cat skiing, heliskiing, and other specialty products noted by your agent.
- Ikon and Epic pass products.
- International Resorts (any resorts located outside of Canada), Big White Ski Resort / and any resort not listed as eligible for the Worry Free Booking and Payment Policy.
- Group bookings
- EPIC AND IKON PASS BOOKING AND PAYMENT POLICY
Full payment due at time of booking. Refer to the provider’s Terms and Conditions for information on refunds.
- STANDARD BOOKING AND PAYMENT POLICY:
For all other products:
Deposit: $500 per person and applicable booking fees are required at the time of booking unless otherwise noted by the booking agent.
Balance of Payment: Final payment on all bookings is required no later than 65 days prior to the scheduled departure date.
Charges for Cancellation: From the time of booking to 65 days prior to the scheduled departure date - forfeiture of deposit and non-refundable fees. From 64 days prior to the scheduled departure date - forfeiture of total holiday price.
Trip Cancellation and Medical Insurance is available for purchase at the time of trip payment. Ask your agent for more information.
In the event that Skican is unable to provide a travel service:
- In the event of a resort or hotel closure, Level 3 or 4 Travel Advisory (issued by the Government of Canada), or any other reason that may result in Skican being unable to provide a travel service – a refund and/or a credit for future travel will be provided representing the payment made for any unused portions of the trip, not including any non-refundable fees identified as separate of the trip package.
- Booking Fees
- Air surcharges including but not limited to seat selections or upgrades, and itinerary changes. Note: name changes are not permitted by airlines. Spelling changes are permitted but fees may apply.
- Revisions to Occupancy, Trip Components and scheduled Departure Dates: Subject to $100 administrative fee plus any cancellation/ change fees or surcharges imposed by the supplier. If original occupancy in accommodation is reduced, the remaining travelers may be subject to additional charges to cover the cost of the unit.
- Insurance Premiums
- Luggage fees are charged by all airlines flying to all destinations. These fees are subject to change, are paid directly to the airline at time of check-in and are not included in Skican pricing.
TRAVEL IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Travel packages within Canada – photo I.D. is required to board all aircraft. U.S.-Canada valid passport mandatory.
Each traveler is responsible for carrying proper photo identification as required by all relevant agencies.
It is the clients’ responsibility to ensure that all names on the invoice/ itinerary are exactly the same as on each person’s travel identification.
The airline tickets will be issued with the names as they appear on the invoice/ itinerary. Therefore, any changes must be made upon receipt of the invoice/itinerary. *Non-Canadian / U.S. citizens may require additional documents to enter Canada. It is your responsibility to research and obtain this information.
Luggage fees are charged by all airlines flying to all destinations. These fees are subject to change, are paid directly to the airline at the time of check-in, and are not included in Skican pricing. On occasion, flight schedules may be changed by the airlines prior to departure. It is the responsibility solely of the participant to confirm flight times.
Applicable taxes (GST/QST/HST) will be added to all packages.
Early booking specials apply to specific resorts and properties. Please ask your reservations agent or check our website for details.
In contracting with holiday participants, Skican undertakes to arrange the services referred to in this brochure whenever possible, but in the event Skican should find it necessary to do so, Skican will arrange alternative services of comparable quality. With respect to the services provided, Skican acts only as agent for carriers, hotels, ski areas and other suppliers and to that extent this contract takes effect as between the participant and the suppliers of those services on the terms offered by those suppliers, particulars of which Skican undertakes to provide for the participant on request. In selecting resort destinations, Skican chooses resorts which, historically, have long and reliable ski seasons, however Skican accepts no responsibility for actual weather and skiing conditions at time of travel.
Skican accepts no responsibility for the consequences of any events beyond its control, including but not limited to strikes, lockouts, government action, weather and snow conditions. In the event Skican finds it necessary to cancel a holiday, Skican’s liability will be limited to the refund and/or credit of all monies paid by the participant.
Skican accepts no responsibility for mechanical difficulties, lost luggage, delays, or missed flight connections due to such difficulties or delays, arising from the transportation services provided including motorcoaches, flight time changes or day of departures changes by Skican or the airline involved, nor for flights missed because of connecting flights due to weather, mechanical difficulties or other causes.
Every effort has been made to ensure details are accurate. Skican reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions made during printing.
It has always been Skican’s policy to avoid increasing prices as every effort is made to anticipate costs at time of travel, however, in the event unanticipated increases such as fuel costs or taxes occur, or where there are changes in the US dollar or foreign currencies, Skican and its principals reserve the right to charge participants for those increases.
Any claim against Skican must be made by the holiday participant in writing to:
Skican Ltd. 5 Edinburgh Rd., Unit 3, Guelph, ON, Canada N1H 5N8 within fourteen days of the scheduled return date of the holiday.
Skican Ltd. is licensed under the Ontario Travel Industry Act, Registration No.1068997